.

.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

23 and 24 weeks!

 23 weeks
With my ulcerative colitis I am on medicine that will not hurt the baby but the medicine works when my body takes to it. At 23 weeks we had a HUGE scare. How we know I am out of remission is I have blood in my stool. I woke up one morning and had just that. I immediately started to cry and worry about baby Kohen. If I were to get our of remission he would still be ok but I would have to get on steroids till he is born. Kellen was at work but luckily my mom had a break from school and was home. I ran upstairs to her house and was crying in her arms, freaking out! We went into the "no no room" as the kids call it, the living room and my mom said a prayer for Kohen and I. The craziest thing ever happened... I am still in remission and have been fine. I watched what I ate and drank making sure I stayed away from things I know will upset my stomach (Milk, lettuce, red meat, juice). This has never happened!!! Once it starts to go downhill it usually just keeps going down and down. Some people may say it was just luck? that it wasn't blood? but I think it was my heavenly father watching out for Kohen and I, making sure we are healthy to welcome him into this world! With having UC and being on medications my doc, ultrasound doc, Kellen and I decided that an ultrasound of Kohen every 4 weeks to check and make sure he is growing accordingly would be best. I am not sad about this at all :) seeing him more often will be so great!
 24 weeks


We started our hypnobirthing classes this week. I was excited to go see what this class had to offer and that Kellen was right by my side:) I was a bit more skeptical about the information than Kell. He was SO into it! He is so excited for us to keep going to the classes and to use this technique during labor. What he did realize about this class was that it could help more than just in labor. It could help me with my anxiety, with my stress to help calm me when I have a colon scare. We are excited!
 24 weeks, 6 months! We are getting closer:)

3 comments:

  1. tears in my eyes reading this. so thankful everything is fine! prayer is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you guys! I have been keeping you all in my prayers :) You have such a beautiful little family Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting a colonscopy Thursday to rule out UC. UGH! I feel your pain girl. Glad everything is ok and you look freaking cuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete