.

.

Friday, October 5, 2012

21 weeks!

 20 weeks!
listening to Kohen's heart beat :) I am a nerd and love to read just about everything and anything that has to do with my little baby boy growing inside me. I had read you could hear the heart beat now with a stethoscope and so I asked my brother Jeremy to bring his the next time we see him so we could try it out :)

We are 21 weeks along and feeling GREAT! He likes to stay really low which in the end has caused a few accidents but we still love him! He has already let me know that he is in charge, not me! lol


We have been talking about how I want to deliver. Should we go natural? skip the pain and get the epidural? or try a water birth? In the end Kellen, Kohen and I are the ones who will get to decide but hearing some stories and opinions makes me lean more one way than another. Some women are all about the natural way. They say it is better for me and the baby. They say that I have such horrible period cramps that I can do it! I love how much confidence they have in me but that also makes me nervous. If I do whimp out are they going to think I am a big baby?
Then there is the epidural fans. They say why do it natural, they have the drugs for a reason! or some say the second you feel the first contraction you will realize its to hard.
We have decided to go to some classes and to make a list of things I have to try before getting an epidural. If I end up with an epidural, that is ok! I just will be happy he is here and healthy but I want to know that I tried and gave it everything I could.

Recently I have been told of many cute friends/family members who are also expecting. I am so beyond excited that Kohen will have so many family memebers and friends close to his age! Play dates will be a must :)

Our ward had a parenting class a couple weeks ago, Kellen and I decided to go with my sister, her husband and invited our friends Austin and Ashli to this class. We seriously LOVED it! I still have one little boy that I watch and that next week we tried a couple things out on him to see if this would even help at all.. we were both in shock at how well it helped! Even just the littlest thing.  We have learned a lot watching the three boys for 2 years and still think it is crazy we are getting a boy of our own! We hope we can use the technique the speaker gave to us and make a happy home.

We can not wait for Mr Kohen to get here! We are more than half way done :):):)

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain: 11 pounds. It is so hard gaining weight but I feel great and I know he is healthy and going crazy  in there!
Maternity clothes? He is so low that I can not wear my normal pants anymore without getting sick so I am now wearing maternity pants :) greatest things ever!!!
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: sometimes great, sometimes achy.
Best moment this week: feeling my baby kick constantly and being able to see on the outside of my stomach how crazy he is in there :)
Miss Anything? I sometimes look in my closet and miss some of my clothes I don't wear anymore.
Movement: oh yes.
Food cravings: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: If i don't get in bed as soon as I am tired.
Gender: boy :)
Labor Signs: nope!
Symptoms: just getting bigger and bigger!
Belly Button in or out? in but slowly coming out
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy!
Looking forward to: The holidays and putting up the rest of his crib :)

2 comments:

  1. I am dying to hear about this technique you tried out...maybe I could use it haha!

    On another note...we miss you two! Let's get together ASAP! I want to see your cute belly in person!

    ReplyDelete