.

.

Monday, December 2, 2013

29 weeks

29 weeks pregnant never means good with my pregnancies.
Kellen and I were counting down the days till we past 29 weeks. Every day was one step closer to keeping this baby in longer than Kohen. The day finally came that I was 29 weeks, We were so nervous but had a doctor appointment that day. We went to the doctor and did all the normal things. We went home with a normal night ahead. I started to feel like I was having contractions but what the heck? I still didn't know when I was having a contraction and this is my second pregnancy. Kellen and I decided if they kept happening we should probably go into labor and delivery with the history of 29 weeks. Well into labor and delivery we went. Leaving Kohen with my parents. We were checked right in and hooked up to monitors. I was having "irritability" contractions they said. They thought maybe I was dehydrated so they had me downing water like crazy. A little bit later I started to have real contractions, luckily they were not often but still a concern with the history. They gave me the first shot for that babies lungs and started me on the medicine to stop labor. They monitor me for a while longer and everything had stopped!!! We were able to go home and were told to keep taking the medicine whenever I had contractions. My family/hubby decided bedrest might be the best or only thing to keep this baby in. I am officially on bedrest. No one will let me lift Kohen or do anything except go to the bathroom. It has been soo hard for me being on bedrest but contractions come if I start to do anything more than I should.. We have made it past when I had Kohen but know we have 5ish weeks to go if we don't want another NICU baby.
Luckily we have the best family who has helped us SO much! We will never be able to thank them enough for all they are doing for all three of us.

on a positive note I get to spend the next two days with my boys :)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Melissa!! You are such a strong mommy! =) So glad you have such a strong support system!

    ReplyDelete