.

.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

yep, we had another baby.

On May 9th I was having a pretty good day sick wise. I was sitting on my front porch watching Kellen mow the lawn and I got the weed killer and walked around killing some weeds we had in our front yard. Later on that day I noticed that I had not sat down and felt the baby kick since super early that morning. We went over to my parents house and I laid down on my left side trying to feel the baby kick. I laid there for about five minutes and kept telling Kellen I still haven't felt the baby. He suggested I go into labor and delivery. My sister called me to see how my day was going with me still feeling so sick. I mentioned to her that I was worried about the baby not moving and she said I should go in. Then my dad came into the family room and I told him I was laying trying to feel the baby kick. He said I just needed to go in. I gave it another three minutes, maybe? and I just felt like I needed to go in and get checked. Better to be safe than sorry. I had Kellen drive me just in case I did end up delivering that we didn't have two cars there. He dropped me off and I went in. They took me right back to a room and hooked me up to the machines. The baby's heart rate was 180 and higher. The heart rate wasn't going down. They sent the OB who was there in to talk to me. He asked about the steroid shots that I had just had the day before! He said he would call my OB and then be back. The nurses asked me "is your husband close by?" I answered "yeah we just live right up the street" hahaha "you might want to call him and have him get here". I was shocked to hear that but I got my phone and called him. He answered and I told him to come right away. He was on his way to get dinner for the kids and asked "how long do I have to get there?" The nurse said "He should get here now if he wants to be here for the delivery". They sent the ultrasound tech in to check on the baby. She did the ultrasound for thirty minutes. The baby did not take any practice breaths or move one time. Not a hand or anything. Fifteen minutes into the ultrasound she said she thought the baby was going to score 2/10. The 2 being for good fluid. The same score as Brightyn. The OB came in and had me sign all the papers to go ahead with the c-section. They took me back and Kellen got to come with and see everything! They put the spinal block in and then my OB showed up. I was so relieved to see him. We had discussed so much of my history. From births to my j-pouch. I wanted him there so bad. They started the surgery and then pulled the drape down as they pulled the baby out so I could see. They put the baby up by my face and Kellen looked down at me and said "It's a GIRL" We both were so shocked. again. We had a boy name set and ready to go but a girl name we had like eight names we both liked some more than others. Baby girl went straight back to the NICU and had very good apgar scores. After she left with the NICU my OB leaned over the drape to let us know what was happening inside my body. My c-section cut on my uterus with Brightyn was actually thinning. They said that if I would have kept contracting for even two days that she could have been born inside my body which would have been very scary for her and I both. That is why her heart rate was so high and she wasn't moving. I am so grateful that I went in and that we got her out before anything like that happened. I forgot to mention to anyone that I had a cerclage in but luckily my OB remembered and reminded everyone we needed to get that removed. He got one side of it but for some reason the other side was being tricky. They had to move my legs up like I was pushing a vaginal birth to get that thing. I could not feel my legs but I could just feel a bunch of pushing on my body. I felt like the cerclage removal took longer than anything else. While they were wheeling me into my recovery room my OB and Kellen went to check on the baby. My OB came in to let me know that the baby was doing amazing and that she weighed 4 pounds 14 ounces and 18 inches long. She was born at 34 weeks and 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment